It’s definitely my favorite easy soup recipe. The most bang for your buck so to speak. It’ll last 2 people all week long and a family for many days.
It’s very versatile and you can tweak it many different ways. It comes out kinda thick like a condensed soup.
- 2 Lbs Ground beef
- 4 Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2 Cans Mixed vegetables Undrained
- 1 Can Sweet corn Undrained
- 1 Can Condensed tomato soup
- 1 Can Petite diced tomatoes
- 1 Can Cut green beans Undrained
- Pinch Salt
- Dash Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- Peel potatoes and cut into small cubes.
- Brown and drain ground beef
- Place beef and potatoes in large slow cooker.
- Add all cans of vegetables, can of tomato soup, and diced tomatoes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, add the secret ingredient that sets this apart from your average soup- sugar (thanks to my grandma Hazel)!!
- Mix together well and cook on low for 2-3 hours in slow cooker
Of course you can substitute fresh or frozen veggies, but would need to add a can or two of beef stock to this.
No need to add this if using canned veggies, as you will be adding the cans undrained-which provides both liquid and flavor.